One season following another!! Yes, Christmas is round the corner. So dear fans and friends, I will be releasing some Christmas related recipes. First in the series is this Green Chicken Pie recipe. You can make several mini pies with this recipe too!
2 tablespoons butter
50 g Green Curry Paste (you can buy from any supermarket)
1 lemon grass, sliced thinly
200 ml coconut cream
150 ml water
500 g chicken breast meat, sliced into 2 cm thin slices
160 g eggplant, cubed
1 green chilli, chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
3 kaffir lime leaves, torn
Handful of sweet basil leaves
1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Heat butter and sauté the green curry paste until aromatic.
- Add in all the rest of the ingredients except the cornflour. Cook, stirring occasionally till chicken is cooked.
- Thicken with cornflour mixture.
- Let the cooked Green Chicken Filling cool thoroughly.
TO MAKE THE PIE
500 g puff pastry (you can find this from the freezers in major supermarkets)
1 medium egg, beaten with 2 tablespoons water
Cooked Green Chicken Filling
- Heat oven to 220°C.
- Roll out the puff pastry to about the thickness of 2 X 50cents coins and big enough to line small pie dishes or a large tart tin.
- Place several spoonful of the cooked filling into the pie dishes. Ensure you do not put too much as it will bubble out the pastry.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and carefully place the pastry lids over the top, pinching the two edges together.
- Make a small cross with a knife in the centre of each pie. Brush the top of the pie with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.