Dried cranberries are available in all the supermarkets these days. In this recipe, though I am using dried cranberries to prepare for the festive season, you are most welcome to use raisins or chopped dried apricots. Instead of almonds, you can also use walnuts or pistachios but I must tell you that almond goes very well with the cranberries and the topping of that awesome white chocolate kisses! You can reduce the sugar. I can guarantee that the cookies will fly off the jars before Christmas!
250 g salted butter
150 g caster sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200 g dried cranberries
140 g almond flakes
250 g Top flour
Handful of Red and White Striped Chocolate Kiss Candies (optional) or other kinds of chocolates
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream butter and caster sugar until soft and smooth, and then add in golden syrup and vanilla extract.
- Mix in cranberries and almond flakes, and lastly the flour. Combine to form a soft dough.
- Roll into small balls and flatten lightly onto the oven tray.
- Bake at 150° C for 20 minutes, or until the bottom and edges of the cookies are pale golden in colour. However, the middle must be still soft.
- Press a Red and White Striped Chocolate Kiss Candy into each warm cookie and allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for about 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers.