Roasted potatoes are always a favourite and simple dish to make. US potatoes are the best for this recipe. Once roasted, the potato wedges should have a crispy crust and dark golden exterior. Omit the chilli flakes if you want and try coarsely ground black pepper. Parmesan cheese can be substituted with any other type of cheese. If you are using grated cheddar cheese, sprinkle on the potato wedges as soon as they are out of the oven. Toss well and watch the cheese melting on the wedges. Instead of rosemary, try curry leaves………..they too make for sensational potato wedges!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
500 g – 600 g US potatoes, scrubbed and washed
100 g olive oil, melted
3 garlic cloves, pounded till smooth
½ teaspoon salt
3 sprigs rosemary
¼ teaspoon coarse ground pepper or roasted chilli flakes
100 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise, and cut each half into four wedges.
- Combine potatoes, oil, pounded garlic, salt, rosemary, and ground pepper in a bowl; toss to coat the potato wedges well.
- Place potato mixture into a baking pan greased with Q.B.B. Ghee.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning the potatoes occasionally. Sprinkle potatoes with Parmesan cheese and toss lightly.
- Continue baking for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.