Potatoes are my comfort food and sort of lazy day food. Today happens to be one of the rare Sundays when I decided to just laze in front of the television doing nothing and craving to eat something.
So, I decided to indulge in Garlic Potato Wedges with Grated Vintage Cheddar Cheese. Mmmmm I cannot express how good it made me feel while eating them and I cannot express how bad I feel when I know how you crave for these while reading this hahaha.
So, I have decided to be nice to you and share the recipe. Adjust the chilli and pepper amount as desired.
𝗚𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗜𝗖 𝗣𝗢𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗢 𝗪𝗘𝗗𝗚𝗘𝗦 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗘𝗦𝗘
4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and washed
80 ml olive oil
40 g finely minced garlic
30 g finely minced onion
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika or chilli powder or thosai podi
1/2 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
100 g grated cheese (I used Mainland Vintage Block Cheddar Cheese)
25 g finely chopped spring onion or parsley or herb of your choice
100 g grated cheese again
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Cut potatoes in half lengthways. Cut each half into half lengthways and then cut each of these halves lengthways again until you get about eight wedges of almost similar size out of each potato. (You can cut into thinner wedges if you want)
3. Combine the oil, garlic, onion, salt, paprika and pepper in a small bowl.
4. Pour over the potato wedges and toss well.
5. Arrange potato wedges, skin side down in a single layer on a large baking tray lined with non-stick paper.
6. Sprinkle with 100 g grated cheese and bake for 15 minutes; turn the wedges and then carry-on baking for 20 minutes.
7. The potatoes should be golden on colour and crisp on the outside and soft inside when tested with a fork or when pressed.
8. Remove from oven, sprinkle with balance of cheese and the chopped spring onion. Toss lightly if desired and serve them!