We can make pakoras with most vegetables. Zucchini and potato are great combinations for pakoras. Serve with a good condiment and you cannot stop eating.
200 g Bengal gram flour
60 g rice flour
5 g baking powder
10 g fine salt
200 g zucchini, peeled and grated coarsely
150 g potato, peeled and grated coarsely
80 g carrot, peeled and grated coarsely
10 g garam masala powder
10 g finely minced ginger
10 g chopped green chillies
20 g chopped spring onions
2 sprigs curry leaves, shredded
5 g cumin seeds
Cooking oil for deep frying
1. Sift the first FOUR ingredients into a bowl.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients except the oil and mix to form a thick batter. Sprinkle with water if you find the batter too stiff. The juice from grated zucchini and potato should be enough to bind all the ingredients together.
3. Leave aside for 20 minutes.
4. Heat oil for deep frying and drop one to two tablespoons of the batter into the oil and fry till the pakoras become golden brown.
5. Transfer the fried pakoras onto absorbent paper and serve hot.