I absolutely love the heavenly smell emanated when cinnamon, sugar and apples are baked together!! This would explain my liking for apple pies, apple tarts, apple crisp and of course, this wonderfully soft and moist cinnamon apple cake! Trust me, you will love this cake!
Preparation time: 14 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
180 g butter, room temperature
80 g butter, room temperature
280 g light brown caster sugar
3 medium eggs, beaten
200 g light sour cream
330 g self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
5 g ground cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
300 g Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced (3 apples)
60 g soft brown sugar
8 g ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add in the beaten eggs, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the sour cream, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon powder into the bowl and combine well.
- Stir in the diced apples.
- Pour the batter into a greased 20 cm-baking pan. Sprinkle the topping on top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack thoroughly before cutting.