It will be love at first smell if you have never eaten caramelized bananas before!! In fact, I love any fruits that have been caramelized. You should try caramelized water melon too and be pleasantly surprised with its unique taste.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
6 large bananas, peeled and quartered
80 g light brown sugar
40 g salted butter
200 ml double cream
30 g sesame seeds, toasted
Good-quality vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Toss the bananas in 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar.
- Heat a frying pan and then cook the bananas, a few pieces at a time, until sticky.
- Dish out and keep warm, preferably in an oven.
- For the caramel sauce, put the remaining sugar, the butter and cream into a saucepan and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has melted.
- Stir in the sesame seeds. This stage can be made up to a day in advance.
- To serve this yummy dessert, put a few pieces of caramel banana into serving dishes. Spoon over some of the caramel sauce and then top with a scoop of ice cream.